Monday, February 03, 2003

This afternoon, i got into an conversation with a person i know, it started on a low note, but ended on a very high boiling point of blood...Read on

X: I am planning to start a foster home for the aged,
Me: But there are already so many, every been to one? U will never ever go there again,
X: yes, collecting details, There are so many hitech ones...pretty good once, they charge pretty good too
Me: Actually a crazy idea, I would never leave my parent in an old age home, come what may
X: that is you, but not all people are like you
Me: I can get so many people to vouch for letting their parents live in misery
X: seriously!! It won’t be free
Me: nothing comes free in this world...except advice
X: But seriously, we are planning a good one, state of the art as they call
Me: What will be state of the art? Old aged people are like kids, they need company of their family which u cannot give at this foster homes, Every old age home has all facility, but cannot beat that of their home, the look on their faces, tells u that they feel neglected
X: but the reality is children, doesn’t need then anymore, or can’t take care of them
Me: come-on ya, how can u say that to ur parents, Its the duty of every child to take care of their parents, I believe that u r answerable to god to take care of them
X: I am sure we wont, as I said, why are they 60 + foster homes all doing good business
Me: They are luring people, there should be a rule made that no such place should be there in this world
X: not really!!
Me: I know 90% people will not buy my idea, but I think it’s a crazy idea to have such homes,
X: This looks like we are going into an argument again
Me: all these foster homes, babycare centers should be banned
X: absolutely, you sound like talibani now
Me: taliban...I may...because we are taught in our religion that it’s imperative on us to take care of our parents...

One topic which really ticks me off is leaving ur parents in the care of others...I know what it is to have a parent and lose one too...
I just hope that everyone takes care of their parents and these so called "Foster" homes close for ever...

No comments:

Blog Archive