Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Whats life without surprises, and most of the times, the surprises are such...U jump with a "eeeeegggggggggaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrdddddddddddd"..Similar thing happened y'day with me. At about 8 a.m, I got a sms from my service provider which said "Dear Customer...Many Many Happy Returns of the day". I had to pinch myself, check and recheck and re-re-check the calendar to see what date was it and how did I forget my b'day....a most unlike phenomenon. Laughed it off saying...galti se mistake hogai hai...Episode forgotten.

At 10 a.m, the mobile rings, number not displayed...Withheld it says...me worried whether its from the underworld...aab meine kya kiya...picked the call and the recorded voice which said "Happy Birthday dear customer"..Press 1 to hear the message again, 2 for blah blah...aab enough was enough.

Called customer service, told them, appreciated service, but why don't you do that on the right day? Surprise again, Ma'am, says the lady at the other end, ur b'day is listed today, Happy Birthday....(a silent eeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr...went out again). Told her thank u but no thanks, my b'day is in Dec. Please change...and the case came to rest.

Phew!...so much for surprises and value add services.

No comments: