Tuesday, September 17, 2002

We have been pals for almost a decade and half. We hit it off right from the day we were introduced to each other. And our partnership has stood through various climates of life. The ups and downs, the good, the sad and the bad times. We decided not to part way till "death do us apart". Again those were the adolescent days, when everything was important in this world. It was not a day's promise, the most important days of life were spent together, always in sync with each other. During the time of studies and strategies as to how best the exams can be faced, the pep talk and those come on u can do it feeling. But then, promises are made to break they say, and surely we did break our promise.

Life went through major changes. From the carefree adolescent, with dreamy eyes to the youth with goals and ambitions to achieve the unachievable. Through this journey of life, there were lots of passengers with whom the roads crises crossed and somewhere during this period. The friends, who had decided to live life together, lost touch. All promised were thrown to the wind. Forgotten somewhere down the memory lane. Though the touch remained, but there was a certain distance between these "best friends". I always took for granted that, come what may, i always have this friend to fall back on. Until last week when i suddenly realized that this friend of mine, did not like my way-ward attitude in life. That's when i realized that a promise is a promise and has to be adhered to.

Now, if you are wondering whom i am talking about, its my dear old ink pen. Mera apna Sheaffer. I have faced all my exams with this one pen. Which i started using from Class 9. All my board exams. My graduation degree was possible through this friend of mine. I topped the university in my Master's all thanks due to this friend. It is through this medium that i have let out all my thots and feelings on paper. And how very easily i let the other pens take over me?

I have been a fanatic as far as this pen is considered. Never shared it with anyone. kept it close to my heart like it is the most priceless possession of the world. And it is, for me, its nothing less than the Kohinoor...My own "Kohinoor". Because whatever i am today, its because of the ability of my pen to let me express what i feel like. Strange as it may sound, i just happened to go to British Library over the week for some digging work for my research. and while arranging the pens in my bag.....that's when i landed over this pal of mine and decided to fill the pen with the best ink. For reasons, known to my pal, it started acting weird. That's when i realized that this pal is irked by my behavior and decided to give its due.

Aren't these abstract things of great value in our life and how we tend to ignore them?

No comments:

Blog Archive