Thursday, January 16, 2003

My World

My world came crashing down on the 9th of January 2003. The loss I faced on this fateful day can never be overcome. It was not a materialistic loss, it is a mental, physical, emotional, psychological and whatever u can think of loss. In that one man, I lost, a parent, grand parent, friend, mentor, critic, philosopher, guide, strength, my roommate, and the one reason for my being where I am.

He was there when I first learnt to walk, when I walked the first time on stage to pick my award, when I walked to be decorated with the Gold Medal at my University, there when I was sick, hungry, sad, happy, angry, frustrated. I just had to sit there and he understood it all. He was by relation my maternal grandpa, but he was my superman, my dad.
The love which was to reach me from my parents, my grand parents gave me, grand ma left 20 years back and hence grandpa was always there, playing the role of mother and father and today, I can feel him smiling to me from the skies.

Dad, I love you and I just hope that u never leave me alone. I cannot explain how much I miss u and how grateful I am for having u in my life.

No comments:

Blog Archive