Friday, May 06, 2005

A trip down memory lane

05-05-05, my previous company celebrated its 25 year of existance. A special party was organised to celebrate this remarkable success.

I was also a part of the celebration, and from the minute i walked in to now, am filled with nostalgia. I met many of the old faces with whom i worked and lot many new faces...who surprisingly knew me, probably for all my notorious activities ;).

The senior most member of the organisation and me were book buffs, he used to borrow books from me, and he came searching for me and said that his reading habits have dwindled...;) and should i tell if u was flattered or not?

After all the hi, how are u? long time no see...oh god, u have put on weight...man u have just not changed, Goodness its such fun to be seeing all old faces etc etc...time to hit the food and drinks as per interest...after a good dinner, i went to dump my plate and turned around to see a man standing there with folded hands, for a min i didnot recognise him, then it hit me, he was the watchman of the building. He would take care of my bike, when i left it at office over the weekend...monday morning, i would find my bike spic and span. He would tell me his stories of how his kids dont study etc and cry too at times. As always i would give him some gyan and tell him to have faith in God and himself.

It was a strange feel that hit me last night and am yet to figure what's that.

5 comments:

phatichar said...

beautiful post, aysh!

Ayesha said...

Khush >> Howdy? long long time indeed

Phatichar >> Geee...thanks

bablu said...

Long time no post Ayesha. Yeah Its good to meet old colleagues after a long time feeling nostalgic. Keep blogging.

Anonymous said...

Aaaah Nostalgia! Treasure these moments. Hope ur doing good.

-- Heretic

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »