Tuesday, September 02, 2003

I have finished reading The Alchemist, not to mention am on a different world altogether. The ordinary story of an ordinary boy following his dreams. A book based on the simple truths and unique situation makes it an extra-ordinary read. Atleast I felt that the book should never end, but all good things need to end, and all along there were these simple statements which make u smile, sit up and say "Hey even I feel the same way"

I keep away from the books which give u "gyan" on managing ur life, but am happy I read this book. ;)

An interesting episode of the book:

"My heart is afraid that it will have to suffer," the boy confides to the alchemist one night as they look up at a moonless night. "Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself," the alchemist replies. "And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity.

No comments:

Blog Archive