Thursday, December 19, 2002

A typical conversation between my brother and me:

Me: Is marriage really necessary...why can I not live life just the way I want...like a loner, doing what I like?
Brother: U will feel the need for a partner at some point of time, someone u can fall back on....and more over we are bound by norms of the Society...duniya ki reet hai...
Me: Aww damn the society, they only know to pin point fingers at us and say, this is right, this is wrong...damn them
Brother: Baby, we cannot rule out stuff....u know we got to follow the social cycle. Marriage is an integral part of life.
Me:Ok, but why this exhibition ceremony, u know, its so stupid to be sitting there, when some n-number of eyes are staring at, u as though u r a UFO, I don't like it brother?
Brother: I understand dear, but that's the way it is.
Me: Damn the system...wish I could change the system...humph!

And this argument, happens each time there is a proposal and the Groom hunt intensifies...life goes on...whether u like it or not!

No comments:

Blog Archive