Monday, December 23, 2002

The weekend was one of the memorable ones in the recent past. Friday i was the perfect example of "If things have to go wrong, they will". There was no way i could stop the fury of nature on me. Nothing was going as per the plans or in my favour. I was totally stressed and was looking forward for the Stress Management training for which i was nominated. All of us have to attend 8 days training and this was my last day at learning experience for the year.

I reach home after indulging into some shopping, famished to death. I relax and was served a big bowl of kheer (i got a real sweet tooth), when i get a call asking me if i am game to watch Kaante, with the warning that a NO will not be taken as a answer. I generally don't go for late night shows, but this was close to home and my sister was more excited than me. so there i land, with a growling tummy, since the movie was to start in the next 10 mins. The movie was good, the best character was Mahesh Manjrekar, he deserves a big applaud and a award, is what we all concluded at. Also, the best profession to be in is that of a Software Professional is what my buddies told me.

I had to sacrifice my Saturday sleep and be at office by 7:30 a.m. Too much of an ordeal since it is pretty chill early in the day. We were a group of 23 people, all land at a resort in town to get de-stressed. After a good breakfast, we made ourselves comfortable for the entire days proceedings. Our tutor was Dr. Thimappa Hegde, a accomplished Neuro Surgeon from NIMHANS. He reiterated the fact that, we need to have an Attitide of Gratitude, the thot of being lucky, which is very important in life. Focus in life should not be on what we don't have. Reverse the stamen and work from that altitude and it will make a great difference in life. The entire session was intercepted with games, exercises and how the entire day went is still a big question mark. I can go on and on about the session, but let me hold my horses here.

Sunday i was at the Maruti Women Power Drive, organized exclusively for the ladies of Bangalore. The driver and navigator had to be women. Thanks to Arun, who forwarded the mail, my sister was more excited than me about the entire treasure hunt kinds drive. The prizes were lucrative as well. First prize Rs. 20K, 2nd, Kenwood Stereo system, 3rd Nippon car lock system. i enjoyed the entire drive, but did not win any of the mentioned prizes. It was fun to be driving at a slow speed and one thing i got to know was the different roads of Bangalore. Am a total alien at South Bangalore, i got to know, quite a huge stretch of this town.

An eventful weekend right? Here i am all set for a tight end of the year week and looking forward for next Monday. ;)

No comments:

Blog Archive