Thursday, June 12, 2003

It’s not everyday that I decide to leave office a wee bit early. But then when I decide (which is once in a green moon), I just do it...I dump the entire workload and walk off with a devil may care attitude.

Such was a day on Tuesday; I left office early, more so to finish a task, which was assigned to me at home some 4-5 weeks back. After finishing the task rather unsuccessfully. Listening to the tuneful melodies on Radio City, my devilish mind started wondering as to how do I spend the next couple hours, before I meet a friend for a round of cold coffee. It was about 5 p.m. and I decided to walk into British Library. Lost in my world of thots, I enter the premises to bang (literally) into a good old colleague. After the hi, howdy, he goes on to convey his condolence for the bereavement in my family, Now this touched my heart and also gave me a jolt (possibly the adage "Jolt off the blue")...here is a person who is seeing me after nearly a year and knows what’s happening around me, guess that’s what friends are for. We stood there chatting for nearly an hour, till the bell at the library said, u may please go, we are closed for the day. We re-exchanged our cell numbers and moved our ways, happy that we bumped into each other. I was at the coffee shop with the another friend for quite sometime (read it as 3 hours). With my cell phone ringing every 10 minutes, I could see the nasty look on my friend’s face, well such is the state of life.

I reach home to find that I have a cheque, which was long due from an investment made so 4-5 years back. It was a wonderful day for me, old ties renewed, friends who made me smile and to think of it, I had put a apology post that day :)

Such days filled with suprises are those which renew the energy in me.

No comments:

Blog Archive