Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Many of us (sorry no percentages used here) would have started blogging just becoz one of our close buddies started blogging, or we just liked the concept, or we wanted to be different from the rest of the world, or just becoz everyone was doing it, a few of us did it, right...well I could be wrong as well. I will not be surprised if you tell me that these thoughts didn't cross my mind at all when I started my blog. I for sure, started my blog becoz Maltesh (an ex-blogger) did it, and he ensured that I was a member of blogland within a week of his having ventured here. Ofcourse I also triggered this reaction among the bunch of people I know, and got two people to successfully blog :)

A Blog Survey on Expectations of Privacy and Accountability has been published on MIT Technology Review. The survey was conducted between January 14th and January 21st, 2004. During that time, 486 respondents answered questions about their blogging practices and their expectations of privacy and accountability for the entries they publish online. Results are quite interesting.
Question like identity of the blogger, kind of blogging people indulge in. Is it personal rambling, political talk, business talk etc etc. Do people take permission from people they blog about form the body of the survey.

Reading through this, made me realise that, there are so many facets to blogging. Typically when something catches my fancy, I make a mental note to blog, and 80 out of 100 times I do it, unless laziness takes over me and I just defer the job to a later date. At the end of the day, something which is of interest goes in or just some rambling go on the blog. Not bothering at all that someone may ask me questions like, what do u blog...boy this is something quite serious to think, do u feel so?


No comments:

Blog Archive