Monday, October 28, 2002

Friday evening we had a Medical Check up at Office. This was not to check the health status of the employees. This was a different kind of medical check up, where the patients, I mean the employees were asked to deposit their cribs, their grievances and their complaints against the organizations. We have a communications group, who went around checking these patients and patiently picking their cribs. It was a good drive where lots and lots of cribs were deposited. Today we had a kinda postmortem session over the mails, where we discussed these ailments. Most of them were simple things in life, which matter most. Good food, better facility...blah blah.

What I would like to underline is the great ability of human being to CRIB. We are so good at pointing out mistakes and making a noise about small things in life. We crib about things over which we have no control, things, which are under our control and something, which we don't relate to. Nothing will happen to this world, is a funny crib to me. I mean we don't have it within our hands to change the entire world. If it does not rain, we cannot do anything but pray for rains. We crib when it does not rain and crib when it rains. God sure knows that it is not easy to satisfy man.

Cribbing is good I feel, but not to an extent that it becomes a habit. A resolution I took early this year was to crib less. It has not stopped completely, but then it sure has lessened down. When I start thinking about cribbing also, I remind myself come on, that's life why do u crib? But the moment I crib, I start doing a kind of soul searching and see where things are going wrong. I feel really refreshed after such sessions with myself and I encourage all my friends to do self-soul-searching. It really helps when u are down in the dumps. But then, after all resolutions are made to break i start cribbing at times ;-)

No comments:

Blog Archive