Thursday, October 31, 2002

October has come to an end. As time marches towards November. I am reminded of the same day 4 years back. This was the day I left semi-migrated to Bangalore. Yes, semi-migrated, and I shall explain why. After my Masters in Library and Information Science from Mysore University, i applied for the One year diploma course at National Center for Science Information, a center in the prestigious Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. Its a national level exam where 6 students are selected for the Advanced IT course after a test and interview. I had failed at the first attempt, but the second attempt was a determined attempt and there was no stopping from me getting in there. My boss at Central Food Technological Research Institute was thrilled when he heard that i had got through this course. On the 30th of October 1998, i was accorded a warm send off where everyone wished me well and that touched my heart. Its when the feeling that i am going to a land where i don't know many people started arising. After all i am at a distance of 140 kms which can be covered in 3 hours.

Bangalore has not been a total alien land, but not been home as well. I have lived with my maternal parents and was moving to stay with my parents. There was excitement, tension, happiness, sadness. All emotions rolled into one, which said, Phew! whats going to happen to me? My brother, scheduled his departure to 2nd of November, so that we both could leave home together. From the 28th friends started calling to wish luck. The regular, do stay in touch, our prayers are with you etc etc. kept flowing in and so did my adrenaline started flowing more and more. I thot more than once if this was a right move by me?

Its has been 4 eventful years and i still feel that i have just come a few days back to Bangalore. My trips to Mysore, have not stopped. There were a few people who thot, that the initial enthu she will come every week, later that will die down. But nopes, i have proved all of them wrong. I have been there every weekend. I am at Bangalore, only when i have my alumni meetings, else the slightest pretext i am off to Mysore and even if it is a 2-3 weeks break, i get so home sick. I keep waiting for Saturday to run away. Maybe its the people back there who pull me and my best days were spent there.

Career wise i have grown. I was recruited by a company while i was still at the center and now i am at a MNC. Life has been going steady, pieces of puzzles falling in place at God's will. I have made loads and loads of friends, learnt very many things, but never forgotten the people who made me what i am today. A mere thank u would just sound so damn stupid. But Still THANKS A TON PEOPLE.

So here i am at the threshold of another eventful year of life. To commemorate my eventful years, i am going back to Mysore tomorrow for a 4 day holiday, yess....4 days. So all u people, have fun, take care and HAPPY DIWALI

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do accеpt as true with all of the ideas уou have offered on youг poѕt.

They are rеally соnvincing аnd will
ceгtаinly ωork. Nonetheleѕs, the postѕ aге tοo briеf fοr neωbіeѕ.
Could уou рleaѕe рrolong
thеm a littlе from subsequent time? Thankѕ for the post.


Feel freе to surf to my site; cliquez ici

Blog Archive