Thursday, October 24, 2002

I have been attending training all through this week; hence the blogs have been missing. After a sumptuous meal, its time to get to the classroom and concentrate on the web designing training. First two days were kinda boring, but as the going is getting tuff, the training is getting interesting. It’s late evening when this class gets over.

While driving back home last evening, I was as usual listening to Radio City, the FM Radio Channel. It is the best thing that could happen at reviving the dying creation of Marconi. I have stopped using the tape-recorder and all the while I am hooked onto FM. Everyday at 8 p.m., top 8 songs on a particular theme are played. Yesterday was Friendship. Some lovely old Hindi numbers were played. One listener paged in asking, " Why can a Man and Woman not be just friends?” The RJ replied saying man and woman can be friends, and it’s only our Bollywood, which brings in the love twist. But in real life, there are very many men and woman who are friends and best friends to it. I am sure, many people will agree to this thot.

These conversations on the radio, made me think about the theory of attraction. This was a topic of discussion with an old pal on Sunday as well. And as u can think, we never came to a conclusion. Because both of us were right in our own way we felt. Now how do we make friends or get pally with other human beings? Its some quality of theirs which attracts us towards the other person. The physical appearance of the person is something, which is of prime importance. I don’t think that’s it always. Physical, according to me does not mean, drop dead looks. Some one could be very simple looking, but there would be something, which would attract them to one another. It is the way the person presents herself/himself. My brothers always tell me that, half the battle is won by immaculate dressing. Just as the way to a man's heart is through his stomach (how many times is it true?), I guess the road to put upon an impression is your poise, confidence and grace with which u present urself.

Attraction also does not mean u end up having an affair or getting married. You are attracted either by the intellectual level of a person or there habits and lots many attributes of a person. Each person is unique by himself or herself and they have their own way of attracting people to themselves. Just as Maltesh told us about Farzana and Amar, they were attracted towards each other by some force which wanted to get them together, and remember, they interacted through a emotionless media. The only way they could be indicate their emotions or feelings is or was through proper usage of semicolon, colons, dash, fullstops and bracket. I mean the smiley.

Gone are the days when the friendship of a guy and a girl would raise eyebrows. It’s all in our mindset, how we take the entire issue into place. Friendship is the base for any relationship. If u cannot be a good listener, then u cannot be a good life-mate is what I think. Each one of us has our share of bad habits. We are not born saints and we don’t lead a saintly life as well.

I am totally lost with this concept of Attraction. I could go on and on. But as always, there shall never be an end to it. And before I end, whatever I have mentioned are MY views and I am sure many people would differ and I would love to listen to all.

Chow!

No comments:

Blog Archive